gaming laptop under 350$

Frasio

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I'd like a laptop (under 350$) that can run heavy games, like assassin's creed unity or alien isolation. Thanks in advance!

Solution
In the realm of laptop gaming:
Dedicated video card, has a decent cpu, <$900......Pick 2

You can get an A8 or A10 laptop for <$500 but the gpus are weak and the cpus are very weak and will be sluggish for other tasks that are not gaming as well.
In the realm of laptop gaming:
Dedicated video card, has a decent cpu, <$900......Pick 2

You can get an A8 or A10 laptop for <$500 but the gpus are weak and the cpus are very weak and will be sluggish for other tasks that are not gaming as well.

Solution

blcskate

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Craigslist and pray for someone offloading a used machine at a crazy good price. There is no way you will get a new machine for that price that can play those games at even medium settings. However, the used market varies heavily. I once sold an $1,800 dollar gaming machine for $400 because I didn't care and just wanted to get rid of it. Its a lot like "used" gym equipment. People buy it for 3k and sell if for 300-500 since they never use it. I am guilty of that too lol :)

NO, go buy a PS4 then if your limited that much on funds. PC is PAY TO PLAY, if you want to play HEAVY GAMES (Btw read the reviews ACU made a $1000 Video Card -not $1K PC just the video card- crash to its knees!) you needed dedicated video. Dedicated video costs alot more (starting $400) for current cards (770, 780, 970, 980) to play AAA games in DESKTOPS, they cost almost 2x as much in LAPTOPS to be portable, not catch fire from heat, suck the battery in 15 minutes, etc.

MINIMUM we all seen is around $1000, for desktops to "play like I saw on Youtube" (aka i7, 16GBRAM, GTX 770 minimum) and around $1500 MINIMUM for laptops for the 'portable' version of the same hardware specs.

Simmer_92

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
I am only semi tech-savvy, but I can tell you need that you need to raise your budget. Even gaming laptops running AMD hardware tend to cost around $600-800.

Most laptops at your price point come with power-saving ULV processors, integrated graphics, and maybe 4GB of RAM. They're only designed for normal tasks, such as web surfing, typing, etc. With those specs, there would be a lot of lag, glitches, freezing, etc.

For gaming you need processor that can reach around 3Ghz, at least 8gb of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card.

Xblur

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
i bought a toshiba satallite c850-b832, core i5 2.6ghz, radeon hd 7610m, 4gb ram, about a year ago, for 580$ although i struglled a bit because there was no windows or driver installation discs, but with my knowledge i managed to install windows 8, and later updated to windows 8.1, the drivers where provided on toshiba website, although i got some from other models that where close to mine, i still use it, i bought titanfall, and ran it on medium setting with more than 24 fps, which is reasonable and smooth, although till now i didnt try overclocking the GPU, i tried it yesterday and reached 625 MHz core speed, and 6 fps increase with the KOMBUSTER test that comes with MSI afterburner, i will update titanfall later to see what improvements i get on it, but i think my system will serve me good for 3-4 more years, btw check my thread and tell me your opinions http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2380587/bunch-questions.html