Gaming laptop won't run games like it used to?

Valstorm

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
I'm used to getting 60fps on multiple PS2 games with 3x resolution turned on, as well as several other games to run flawlessly. Recently I've been experiencing issues, like the processor thermal throttling at 50C and slowing down from 3GHz to 0.75GHz. However my issue now is that everything checks out well. My i7-6700HQ (this is a gaming laptop) is running at 3.2GHz and the games are being rendered on the GTX970M. I don't know what the issue is (and it is annoying), but after checking XTU, I noticed the "Processor Graphics Frequency" running at roughly 1GH despite not running anything other than Google Chrome and typing this question. I have an MSI GE72 6QF Apache Pro with slight upgrades:
1) i7-6700HQ Intel Skylake processor
2) 32GB 2400MHz RAM, Kingston
3) GeForce GTX 970M, 3GB GDDR5
4) Intel Dual-Band 8260 Wifi card
5) 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
6) 2TB 5400RPM 128MB cache HDD
7) I replaced the cooling paste with Arctic Silver 5
8) Dust is almost non-existent in the system and I regularly clean it out

I'm well-versed in tech talk, so if anyone has any ideas or needs me to run any tests, let me know. I wanna get to the bottom of this. For the record, I ran XTU and did a stress test of my GPU for 20 minutes and it passed. Did the same for the processor and RAM and they both also passed.

Update: Games run just fine after I uninstall GeForce drivers. This makes no sense...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Valstorm : "Intel i7-6700HQ drops to 750MHz?!?"

Valstorm

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

Yeah that's a previous thread I had but I figured out what causes that. This time the processor is running full speed and I still have issues.