Solved! Gaming & TV Movie Headset Surround Wireless or not

Oct 21, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with finding a correct and good (gaming) headset that offers me 5.1 and 7.1

Now here's my situation.

I'm having a couple of gaming consoles, xbox one, ps4 and switch. I also want to use the headset for watching movies on tv.

Now i don't want 2-3 different headsets for all my needs .. just ONE headset that is compatible with all the consoles and PC/TV movie/gaming.

However no luck, some headsets are only for one console and while i want a surround headset (for gaming and movies) i can only find headsets that offers virtual surround for PC (not console!)

So my need is ONE headset that offers virtual surround, 5.1 or 7.1 and is compatible with all consoles/pc/tv.

As for connectivity ... wireless is of course excellent , however it can be wired too.

I'm sure such headsets exists but i can't find any.

I have also posted this in the console gaming sub forum.

thanks!

Cheers

Solution

the only other thing i can think of that may work is if you can get a wireless bluetooth headset to connect to your amp and run all your devices through it. although if you do online gaming and use teamspeak that wouldn't work through the amp because the microphone wouldn't work

if your amp doesn't have bluetooth you can get a cheap usb dongle to connect to your amp

Oct 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from spiet : "Multi headsets for consoles - pc/tv surround , wireless or not"

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with finding a correct and good (gaming) headset that offers me 5.1 and 7.1

Now here's my situation.

I'm having a couple of gaming consoles, xbox one, ps4 and switch. I also want to use the headset for watching movies on tv.

Now i don't want 2-3 different headsets for all my needs .. just ONE headset that is compatible with all the consoles and PC/TV movie/gaming.

However no luck, some headsets are only for one console and while i want a surround headset (for gaming and movies) i can only find headsets that offers virtual surround for PC (not console!)

So my need is ONE headset that offers virtual surround, 5.1 or 7.1 and is compatible with all consoles/pc/tv.

As for connectivity ... wireless is of course excellent , however it can be wired too.

I'm sure such headsets exists but i can't find any.

thanks!

Cheers

captaincharisma

Distinguished
finding a wireless headset that work with both a PS4 and xbox would be difficult because both consoles access wireless devices recently even gaming brands like razer don't even have one controller that works for both. your only option would be a USB headset

but even if you managed to find a USB headset that worked with both consoles there may not be a way to get it to work through your TV since the USB ports on TV's do not work that way

Oct 21, 2018
@captaincharisma,

Indeed but i have the fact of having 2 or more headsets for consoles/tv/etc.

You mean a wired headset then with an usb dongle?

Yes, but perhaps the usb port on my avr ? (denon x3300) ?

captaincharisma

Distinguished

I don't believe there are any USB ports on amplifiers that would work with a USB headset . the ports are only used for reading video and music files

captaincharisma

Distinguished

the only other thing i can think of that may work is if you can get a wireless bluetooth headset to connect to your amp and run all your devices through it. although if you do online gaming and use teamspeak that wouldn't work through the amp because the microphone wouldn't work

if your amp doesn't have bluetooth you can get a cheap usb dongle to connect to your amp

Solution