Gangnam Style Beats Bieber as Most Watched YouTube Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Gangnam Style deserves it. What was the #1 video before all the 12 year old girls pushed Bieber over the top a few months ago?

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Gangnam Style deserves it. What was the #1 video before all the 12 year old girls pushed Bieber over the top a few months ago?[/citation]

I think it was the 'charlie bit me' one

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I loved the Gangnam Style music video as did almost everyone else. I'm not surprised at all that it became #1. I'm happy for them the entire thing was brilliant and they deserve all the success they got.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
is that # of clicks or full views?

didn't Youtube recently changed their count where it only goes up if you view from beginning to end instead of just clicking the video then you can exit?

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
One dumb fad replaces another... Sad with all the content on youtube, that these are the two most watched videos.

That said, I'm glad PSY pushed that douche off the top. About time JB gets taken down a notch.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
840M views on a single video is jawdropping. Even though I don't like the music, massive props to Psy and his marketeers.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]is that # of clicks or full views?didn't Youtube recently changed their count where it only goes up if you view from beginning to end instead of just clicking the video then you can exit?[/citation]

it works on some sort of formula. You have to watch x seconds or a percentage of the video to count as a view. If I posted a video HOT NUDE BUTTHOLE and it was a video I took of an alley cat sleeping, people probably wouldn't watch the whole 3 minute clip. If you click off the video in the first few seconds it doesn't count, but you do not have to watch the whole thing.

If you want to know more, there's a video on youtube about "why the views stop at 301" or something by one of the lead coders.

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Perhaps they should both get a room and explore their "curiousities" together?
Just kidding, Gangnam Style is catchy, funny and deserves some recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.