Gateway Fx turns on with no boot/post, Video Issues (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklamp

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Hiya, I have a gateway P171S-FX edition from 2008 that while playing a game the other day, blue screened with what looked to be my video driver not responding. Since restarting it, the fans run, hard drives spin, bios beeps if i press too many keys or f2 to try to enter the bios. The screen turns on but nothing shows up.
I've disassembled and reassembed the entire unit, pulled the ram, CMOS battery, Harddrives, wireless card, and restarted with them removed, but the machine doesnt seem to notice.

Looking for a second opinion before I go buy its replacement..

Thanks!

Specs

Windows 7 Ultimate
T7250 intel 2ghz
Nvidia 8800gts
3gb 667mhz ddr2
250gb wd black hdd
320gb wd black hdd

UPDATE

For some reason it just started up. I checked my video drivers and they're gone. I'm assuming it was some sort of virus or something that screwed up my drivers and uninstalled them. Also now I'm getting the "You may have a counterfeit version of windows" warning when I boot up. It's all very strange..

UPDATE 2

Now when I install the newest drivers from Nvidia, my card has an 'error' and requires troubleshooting. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Error 43)

Before the latest set of ref drivers, they had particularly worked. I'm installing the Gateway base drivers as we speak and I'll report back in.

Darklamp

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
OKAY. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED. After I had my initial bluescreen, the drivers wouldn't load themselves. I left the computer on and it eventually shut down by itself. Today I turned in on and VIOLA it just started working again by itself. I don't know what it did to start itself again, but it's working. *shrugs*

Darklamp

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
I attempted to use the older drivers, it didn't work unfortunately because Gateway only has the drivers that support Win Vista, and I am running 32 bit Windows 7 which I failed to mention before. I'm attempting to go through the archives to find a previous version that will work for my 8800m GTS. IT seems to be my main issue so far that when I run the installer I get a "cannot find compatible graphics hardware."

Darklamp

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
OKAY. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED. After I had my initial bluescreen, the drivers wouldn't load themselves. I left the computer on and it eventually shut down by itself. Today I turned in on and VIOLA it just started working again by itself. I don't know what it did to start itself again, but it's working. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2