Gateway restore problem stalled, SX2855

daleschur

Estimable
Aug 19, 2015
Started Gateway restore and the OS installed fine but it stalled on the Office 2010 installation. I reboot the machine and every time it will go to the restore and stall in the same place. I can get into Windows 7 but I can't stop the restore. Is their some place I can stop the restore on boot up? Do I need to edit the registry to stop this?

Solution
Go into safe mode type msconfig then enter, then look under service tab and startup tab untick options for the office software. Or unselect all programs in the above tabs except your antivirus till your able to them fully uninstall them.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Go into safe mode type msconfig then enter, then look under service tab and startup tab untick options for the office software. Or unselect all programs in the above tabs except your antivirus till your able to them fully uninstall them.

Solution

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Thank you for your reply don't forget to enable any programs you require when boot up but having said that your pc will start up and run quicker if they're not running in the background. Sometime antivirus software can cause problems so you may have to untick that as an option but then connect to the internet at your own risk. I'm glad it work for you good luck in the future,.