Geforce 840M issue

Chinmay_1

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Guys please help me..i used these settings on a lenovo z50..gpu is a 840m.. core clock 135 and memory clock 190 in afterburner..saw this on a video on youtube..i got 30 fps in witcher 3..however the game hanged and then i reset to default settings in msi afterburner..but after trying the game on normal settings i was getting 28 fps..but now getting only 14..have i spoilt my gpu??

Solution
Hi,

Try to reset all the changes you've made with your graphics card first. Remove the overclocking you've done then do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed then after the restart make sure to set your games to run using NVIDIA processor.
- Test it and see if you'll get a decent frame rate after all these troubleshooting steps.
Hi,

Try to reset all the changes you've made with your graphics card first. Remove the overclocking you've done then do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed then after the restart make sure to set your games to run using NVIDIA processor.
- Test it and see if you'll get a decent frame rate after all these troubleshooting steps.

Solution