Gericom Supersonic GPU drivers for 8400M G

markogf

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Can anyone help me? I have laptop GERICOM Supersonic KN-1. Original GPU was nvidia 6600 GO, but since the 6600 GO stopped working, I had it replaced with nvidia 8400M G. I can't find working drivers for 8400M G and I've tried every solution I could think of in different versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) . I've tried nvidia forceware 156.xx, 158.xx, 160.xx, and all newer drivers but none are working.
=> In XP => 156.xx and 158.xx partially work but after few minutes of working suddenly system becomes unstable. When using any newer drivers (160.xx and newer) - display blinks constantly.
=> In Vista/Win7/Win8 => niether version of forceware drivers works. Display works for about 20-30 seconds and then it goes black, and after a few seconds I get message something like: display drivers stopped working and recovered.
I've also tried OEM drivers from other laptops brands which use exactly this GPU (8400M G), but all I get is blinking display.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I just want my laptop to work with any of the Windows versions (2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8), it doesn't matter for which one as long as it works. Thanks in advance :)

markogf

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
8400M G surely works in all windows versions I've tried, but display blinks. In XP, forceware versions 156.xx and 158.xx works for a few minutes then system becomes unstable. In Vista/7/8 without installing any version of drivers => display works but with "standard vga display driver" which comes with windows itself, but I cannot use any program with 3D (I want to use older AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop), but when I install any version of nvidia drivers I constantly get messages that display drivers stopped working and recoverd (as stated in my first post)
In Linux (Zorin OS Core 7) laptop works perfectly, but I need Windows because Linux (WINE) doesn't support all programs I need.