Get a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or wait for Microsoft Surface Phone?

Joseph DeGarmo

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to Android, so I'm not sure if I should go for the Galaxy S6 phone or wait and see what the Surface Phone offers. Confidence is rather low for Microsoft when it comes to smartphones, but it's still nice to have a Windows 10 phone integrate with my Windows 10 PC. If I do get the Galaxy S6, though, then is it possible to sync bookmarks between Chrome Mobile and Edge / IE 11 browsers? I don't use Chrome on my PC and do not intend to since I had issues with it before. And what about synching photos from Android to my OneDrive account so that pictures taken with the phone are automatically downloaded to my PC and Windows 8.1 tablet?

Solution
Get the 950 XL for now until the surface phone comes out! rumored next year! It may be a while though,however surface phone is in the works. It is rumored to come with the next gen Intel Sofia Atom 14nm x86 chip, so it will be a true pocket PC device capable of running desktop apps. connect a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard or use the phone a trackpad/keyboard, wirelessy use a monitor or tv via miracast or widi to mirror or use as 2nd or third screens like current surface devices, or usb-c dock. The 950xl has continuum, however still early stage and developers have to make the apps for it. Project Astoria will have android apps. In the current windows 10 build you can run some android apps on windows 10 mobile use bluestack to run android...

Joseph DeGarmo

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
I've been reading rumors about a Surface phone. Not sure about the Lumia 950XL, but it looks decent.

http://www.therem.org/microsoft-mapping-to-release-a-surface-phone-in-the-days-to-come-know-the-entire-specs-here/1228859/

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Huh, did not know about this. I wonder what the differences between this and the Lumia will be?

Creeto

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Get the 950 XL for now until the surface phone comes out! rumored next year! It may be a while though,however surface phone is in the works. It is rumored to come with the next gen Intel Sofia Atom 14nm x86 chip, so it will be a true pocket PC device capable of running desktop apps. connect a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard or use the phone a trackpad/keyboard, wirelessy use a monitor or tv via miracast or widi to mirror or use as 2nd or third screens like current surface devices, or usb-c dock. The 950xl has continuum, however still early stage and developers have to make the apps for it. Project Astoria will have android apps. In the current windows 10 build you can run some android apps on windows 10 mobile use bluestack to run android on windows. If you must have android apps, I would get the edge 6+ u til it comes out or the app selection gets better on windows. Windows 10 is still a work in progress that look promising with the current build of universal skype video/messaging integration, windows 10 phone app is on pc and xbox. If your an avid Microsoft Office user and want to work " like a boss" using your phone as a pc, the 950xl can via continuum using mouse/keyboard, however again limited to those apps until developers jump on board for universal apps. 950xl will have the best camera with Iris scanner windows hello ability. The surface phone is just speculation at this point. I too have high hopes for it. Microsoft made a surface book , why not a true surface phone.

http://wmpoweruser.com/purported-full-specs-of-surface-mobile-phone-juggernaut-alpha-leak/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile

Solution