Solved! Getting error 502 Bad Gateway, is it proxy or website itself

ivanmladja24

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I've been connecting to a website through someone's proxy server, he just provided me a link to the website through his proxy.

Recently I've been getting "502 Bad Gateway".

Does that mean that he closed his proxy or something and is it possible that it's not related to that but the website itself ?

I'm asking because I've known to get an error before when I could connect to the website directly, I just don't remember what type of error it was.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'd rather not bother the person who provided me with access to his proxy server in the first place.

ivanmladja24

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

No, I'm sorry for being unclear. I'm not using a service it's just one website that I can't access anymore because it's private and registrations are closed. And my ID no longer works for some reason.

So someone provided me access through their personal username/password for which he had a proxy configured that I can use.

So I would basically just go on this website through his ID/pass by using his proxy.

But recently I've been getting 502 Bad Gateway and I'm not familiar enough with all of this so I wanted to know if that person just shut down that proxy that he gave me access to or is it possible that the error is related to the website.

If it's a single website that does not work, test it using another system or ask someone else to.

ivanmladja24

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

That particular website has been known to go down for shorts periods of time I just don't remember what type of error was displayed on screen when it happened, because it's been a while since it happened.

This question of mine became more complicated than I intended,

I just wanted to know if it's possible that 502 Bad Gateway could be related to the website instead to the proxy that person gave me to use.