Hey guys, any help would be appreciated. Here's what I have:
AMD 900 socket A
winxp
asus a7v
512 ram
creative live xgamer
leadtek winfast gf2 - 21.83 drivers
wd 13.8 gb hd

I'm getting miscellaneous lockups, usually when switching between screens in return to castle wolfenstein. Also, for those of you who play the game, the limbo menu while playing multiplayer is slow and choppy...the sound and video are choppy. I do get that nv4_disp error, also, sometimes while switching between screens, usually occuring after the map had loaded but before the next mission starts. Any ideas? Thanks guys
Also, i do have the newest 4in1 drivers, and updated the via pc to agp driver ( date on that driver was like 8-2000 ? ) Thanks again

Asus A7V / 900 tbird
SBLive X-Gamer
256mb PC133
13.8 WD hd
Leadtek GeForce2 GTS

King_Aaron

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2002
i have the same probs and i honestly dont know what is going on either. BUT there are so called solutions to the lockups.
1) the 23.11 driver sucks for all versions of windows. try changing that first.
2) check to see if the cpu and video card are properly cooled.
3) check to see if your power supply is 300watts or more. this is how much XP likes.
4) see if the board has AGP 2.0 revision. u can check this through a program called Powerstrip. Pstrip can be dwnld everywhere. just look for it.
5) see if the video card is in the socket all the way.
6) if u know what this is do it other wise dont bother. go into bios and see what the driving value of the agp is. try "DA" its the default setting for nvidia cards.
if i think of more ways to help u, i will post them. but for now good luck

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I had a A7V about 2 years ago when it was released and did not like it, it even mysteriously quit one day and i've had buddys with the same experience..
replace your motherboard if driver swaps dont help.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

TRENDING THREADS