Ghosting programs that will work (w7pro)

pslarkin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Hello: will Norton Ghost (I have) ghost programs (.exe) that will work, on a new drive that would have its new install of w7pro, already working? Or do I need to use the DVDs/downloads/etc., to have those .EXEs install properly? Thank you.

Solution

Well I am running a machine I cloned Win7 Pro 64bit the original HDD to a larger HDD and it is and has worked exactly as expected, so if my word is not good enough, as someone that has actually done it I guess, I've wasted my time here!

Good Luck to You! Ryan

pslarkin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Thanks, but since I already have several free copies of Ghost, I am looking to see if that will work. Also I registered at Acronis, found the site awkward & difficult to use, and have posted the same question on their forum, since their tech support does not answer questions unless you have a paid product registered. Not impressed. I checked for similar enthusiastic answers like yours, but have not seen anything backing up your statement, sorry.

4Ryan6

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002

Well I am running a machine I cloned Win7 Pro 64bit the original HDD to a larger HDD and it is and has worked exactly as expected, so if my word is not good enough, as someone that has actually done it I guess, I've wasted my time here!

Good Luck to You! Ryan

Solution