Gigabyte SIV Hardware Monitor, w/ Two monitors

afflictionau

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I have been using Gigabyte's System information viewer as an easy way to keep an eye on the hardware of a recent build i did. It was operating normally but when I hooked up a second monitor, whenever I try to shrink it down into the hardware monitor it disappears.
The program is still running but is not in view and I can't find a way to make it display (eg. using windows+arrow key to make it align to a screen side etc.) it turns out that if I change the display setup I have by either swapping which monitor is the primary or by simply changing the "side" each monitor is on the program reappears. Unfortunately I do not want to actually swap my monitors around in either of these ways.

My monitors are:
Samsung S24E450 (24" 16x9)
Asus PB248 (24" 16x10)

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but this has resulted in no changes either.

I was hoping someone may have some ideas to try and resolve this that I hadn't thought of.
Thank you in advance for any ideas anyone might have!

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong location for this post, I was struggling to work it out exactly.

afflictionau

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
While I have not found the solution to this problem, I have found a workaround and will class this as good enough. For anyone with a similar problem:

If you select the window and use left alt+space you can then choose maximize on the drop down window. After that, using the mouse, if you left click and hold the top "bar" of the program and drag, it will shrink to a smaller window and won't disappear.

EDIT:
I cannot seem to pick my own answer to close the thread, any mods who wish to mark this as resolved (if they are able to) are more than welcome to do so :)