Gigabyte U24T First use not powering on

Chris149

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi,
Brand new Gigabyte U24T (win 8.1, I7, 8GB, 128ssd + 750gb hdd, 2gb Nvidia Graphics). Received at home yesterday.

Read the warnings that came with the laptop regarding first use (basically, make sure the A/C adaptor is used).
Plugged in the A/C adapter and the battery led starts blinking (I think indicating charging), so I press power on and nothing, no other lights, no sound, no fans, no video, just the battery light blinking.
I try again, again no life.
I unplug the A/C and reseat it , nothing.

I try holding down the power button for 10 seconds - this time the battery blinking light goes off and the power status light comes on, but still no sign of life.

Since the power light came on, nothing I do will turn it off (removing A/C adapter and holding power for more than 30 seconds, trying another outlet etc).
I will contact the online shop later today to ask for a refund as they don't have any more of this model in stock, but until I do, does anyone have any ideas of what I could try?
I did open the memory compartment and re-seat the 1 stick of ram, no effect.
My only thought would be to try and unplug the battery, but that would involve opening the case and possibly invalidating my refund.
Any thoughts welcome!

Hi,

Since you just got it, I would suggest taking it back to the store where you purchased it from for a replacement. It's not normal for a new laptop to have such problem. Do also contact Gigabyte for additional troubleshooting step but again since it's new I would rather take it back for a replacement, saves time and money plus headaches. :)

Chris149

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
I was hoping to avoid that as it's an online store and it can take a while to get the money back and I know (from their website), that this model is out of stock right now, so wouldn't get a replacement for it. But, looks like that will be the only choice I have.
Thanks for the advice !