Gigaworks S750 one speaker issue

DatsID

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
Hello guys, I am back with another weird issue - namely with one out of 7 speakers from Creative Gigaworks S750. I own them for quite a while but issue started to appear recently.

So the rear left speaker is not working, when connected to rear left connector on the subwoofer, when i will switch places of rear left/rear light, ot switches between speaker - left is working, right is not. Every single other speaker and subwoofer are working fine at that time.

I have done some inappropriate thing in the past - one of the marks form the cable slipped off and i was not able to identify which one is + and which is - and connected it randomly having in mind that i could switch the sound output through that speaker by 180 degrees, but i was not and i still am not aware of consequences it could have and subwoofer and its connector. Could i damage the input for the speaker just by connecting the speaker wrong way?

Thanks for answer in advance

Solution
Hi johhnyq1233, i have seen your reply and i was eager to check whether this might be the case, i mean if it could be anything inside the sub - so i was thinking about taking a look inside the sub maybe something fried, or maybe i could swap boards between two same subwoofers (i have second s750 sub working but in terrible condition), but as usual i started to check if software could be the issue.

So i have switched between modes in Creative control panel and all of the sudden both rear speakers are working just fine. But there is the second side of this story - right speaker is now not working (not the front right, i guess it is center right).

I've tried reinstalling drivers, installing PAX Creative drivers and still nothing helps...

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Sounds like the problem is in the connector or amplifier in the subwoofer... if you have someone with electronics experience as a friend... I would get them to have a look at it or take them in to a service shop or... buy a new system...
Not much else I can tell you.. good luck!

DatsID

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
Hi johhnyq1233, i have seen your reply and i was eager to check whether this might be the case, i mean if it could be anything inside the sub - so i was thinking about taking a look inside the sub maybe something fried, or maybe i could swap boards between two same subwoofers (i have second s750 sub working but in terrible condition), but as usual i started to check if software could be the issue.

So i have switched between modes in Creative control panel and all of the sudden both rear speakers are working just fine. But there is the second side of this story - right speaker is now not working (not the front right, i guess it is center right).

I've tried reinstalling drivers, installing PAX Creative drivers and still nothing helps. The weirdest thing is that i have never had such issue within past two years of having this sound system.

Obviously these drivers were for Creative sound card, but what internet says about any Creative sound cards or their driver support is just plain bad.

Solution