Gmail Now Accessible Offline; Calendar & Docs Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Hope it works better than GMail 'Offline Mode' gadget used to work... That thing was horrible. Slowed everything down, even after you synced all your messages...

Also, GMail generally works terribly with Chrome. It is so buggy. Ironic that I have to use Firefox or Opera to use Google Email while using Google's Web Browser...

Nesto1000

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Hope it works better than GMail 'Offline Mode' gadget used to work... That thing was horrible. Slowed everything down, even after you synced all your messages...Also, GMail generally works terribly with Chrome. It is so buggy. Ironic that I have to use Firefox or Opera to use Google Email while using Google's Web Browser...[/citation]

What have you been smoking? Gmail works fine with me and chrome and FF and IE.... maybe you just got a bad install or something....

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]nesto1000[/nom]What have you been smoking? Gmail works fine with me and chrome and FF and IE.... maybe you just got a bad install or something....[/citation]
A bad install.. On every computer I own... When Chrome updates nearly every other week...

Yeah. Or, Chrome just isn't very good at 'synergizing' with the rest of Googe's product portfolio...

Running Gmail on Chrome is slow slow slow. Takes almost 3 times as long to load as IE, Opera or FF. None of the email messages render properly when images are present. And Gmail is constantly causing Chrome to crash or timeout... Only extensions I use are WOT and Flash Blocker...

Don't get me wrong... I use Chrome a lot, just not for Gmail or Google Docs...

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]A bad install.. On every computer I own... When Chrome updates nearly every other week...Yeah. Or, Chrome just isn't very good at 'synergizing' with the rest of Googe's product portfolio...Running Gmail on Chrome is slow slow slow. Takes almost 3 times as long to load as IE, Opera or FF. None of the email messages render properly when images are present. And Gmail is constantly causing Chrome to crash or timeout... Only extensions I use are WOT and Flash Blocker...Don't get me wrong... I use Chrome a lot, just not for Gmail or Google Docs...[/citation]

You must have some other extensions installed or something like AV software that is causing this.. Because I use nothing but chrome on all my computers now and it runs flawlessly. I switched from FF which was slower at everything, including Gmail. Not chrome however.

Never tried the offline gadget so I can't comment on that.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]blader15sk8[/nom]You must have some other extensions installed or something like AV software that is causing this.. Because I use nothing but chrome on all my computers now and it runs flawlessly. I switched from FF which was slower at everything, including Gmail. Not chrome however.Never tried the offline gadget so I can't comment on that.[/citation]

FF 3.5/3.6 was super slow and buggy. FF4-9 are, so far, very spiffy. Unless Chrome can't handle Microsoft Security Essentials, the least intrusive AV/AM software I have yet encountered, Chrome is just slower/buggier with Gmail than it's competitors...

My suspicion is that Google actually DOES try and 'Optamize' Gmail and Google Docs for Chrome... But their customizations and optimizations just fail, horribly...

It is possible that Flash Block and/or WOT have nasty interactions with Gmail in Chrome (and only Chrome), but I won't risk reading email without some kind of link rating scheme, and as far as I know, WOT has been the best one. I won't turn it off just because Chrome throws a fit on Gmail...

nadavp3

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Great!
Cant wait for Docs to come live, that and calendar and ill be set (.. I would love a offline paint =p, and a overlay calculator that you can drag ontop of your Docs.. for the sake of easy of use)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]A bad install.. On every computer I own... When Chrome updates nearly every other week...Yeah. Or, Chrome just isn't very good at 'synergizing' with the rest of Googe's product portfolio...Running Gmail on Chrome is slow slow slow. Takes almost 3 times as long to load as IE, Opera or FF. None of the email messages render properly when images are present. And Gmail is constantly causing Chrome to crash or timeout... Only extensions I use are WOT and Flash Blocker...Don't get me wrong... I use Chrome a lot, just not for Gmail or Google Docs...[/citation]

i wish chrome auto updated for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.