good $100 headphones. ATH-A700x or others

dudeawsomeness1

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
I've been thinking about getting the ATH-A700x but it doesn't seem to have the best build quality I might want something that will last longer. they might do, but I'll have a second opinion.
Mainly I'm looking for $100 headphones with closed backs and better than a px22.

I've found these two headphones, how do they compare to the a700x?
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
HyperX Cloud II

Solution
The HyperX Cloud II is a excellent quality headset for around $100 but I'm not sure how it compares to those others and im no audiophile. I did however get a chance to try them out and they were probably the most comfortable headset I've ever worn and the simulated 7.1 surround sounded great while playing BF4. The only downside to them is there no official software for them to make adjustments as needed.

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
The HyperX Cloud II is a excellent quality headset for around $100 but I'm not sure how it compares to those others and im no audiophile. I did however get a chance to try them out and they were probably the most comfortable headset I've ever worn and the simulated 7.1 surround sounded great while playing BF4. The only downside to them is there no official software for them to make adjustments as needed.

Solution

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I don't like the ATH-A700x... They will work on someone with a huge head. They kept slipping on mine.
I went for the Sennheisers HD598 those have great sound and fit nicely.