Question Good affordable laptop that can handle sims4 with packs and cc?

firstlov

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
i want to get a laptop that would run sims 4 with cc and the cats & dogs pack (maybe more packs in the future) smoothly, but i dont know anything about laptops... im planning to use it for school work, youtube, and sims 4, and maybe minecraft.. Heres the issue: my budget is 600$ bc im a student and cant afford anything higher..

are these laptops any good?

1) Asus Vivobook S15 S530FA-EJ042T 15.5 Inch Full HD NanoEdge (intel i5-8265 Processor, 256 GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10)

2) Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 14 inch Laptop (Intel Pentium N5000, 4GB RAM, 128 SSD, Full HD Display, Windows 10)

any help is appreciated :(

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Of these two choices, I would recommend the Asus. Keep in mind that both will be somewhat hampered in their gaming performance since they both use Intel's integrated video adapter, as opposed to a gaming rig's use of a dedicated video adapter.

rico57

Great
Aug 27, 2019
hi
to play games, take an i5 at least, with a dedicated Nvidia ship
best would be a dual fan cooled system
dont go for a too slim model for gaming, as they overheat easily
also take a SSD of 256+gb and 8gb RAM at least

if budget is this much, you can also look for used laptops, a gamer model as ASUS G751J should not be too expensive now, and if cleaned and repasted, it should last realy longer than any slim laptop in games...
even the G750J have acceptable graphic cards for the games you intend to play.
(from GTX 765M up to GTX 980M, slot card)
would be my choice