Good But Cheap Headset/Headphones With Microphones

CyanWool

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I am Looking For Good But Cheap Headsets/headphones and Microphone For Gaming, less Than like 70-80 Please. I'd Prefer Headphones and a desktop Mic or Clip On One, so I can Wear Them Outside in Public And Not Look Weird...Thank You!

Solution
You can check the SteelSeries Siberia V2 for about 60 bucks, about the same specs but with 50mm drivers (so deeper bass)

However, i'm using these headphones and they require a good sound card to really benefit from them as onboard can't really push enough and at high volume, the sound isn't accurate (high and mids don't sound well) and lack of power (almost no bass compare to mid volume)

**and it's surely the case with the kraken too as it's 32 Ohms like the Siberia

Nox55

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

I use the Razor kraken pro and they are 100% worth the price you pay for them. Very comfy for long gaming sessions.

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
You can check the SteelSeries Siberia V2 for about 60 bucks, about the same specs but with 50mm drivers (so deeper bass)

However, i'm using these headphones and they require a good sound card to really benefit from them as onboard can't really push enough and at high volume, the sound isn't accurate (high and mids don't sound well) and lack of power (almost no bass compare to mid volume)

**and it's surely the case with the kraken too as it's 32 Ohms like the Siberia

Solution

CyanWool

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

Do They Look Okay In Public as Regular Headphones?

CyanWool

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

How much money does a sound card cost?

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

Depending on the interface from 20-30 to as high as 500$ for pro grade, since you surely don't want to put 500$ i can suggest the Xonar DG (30$) if you're using Legacy PCI or the Xonar DGX for 50$ (same card but PCI-e), have excellent SNR for their low prices (105DB) and have an Headphone amplifier just for pushing 32+Ohms headphones, what onboard have trouble pushing...

FYI: SNR stands for sound to noise ratio and that's basically the resistance to interferences and the signal quality so it's a good point to see the quality of a card, ex: a 250$ sound card have about 124DB SNR or more and onboard have about 70-80 (the max that i've seen is 96 in a Gigabyte Sniper with Op-amps so not good at all on a 400$ mobo as any mobo and a 40-50$ dedicated sound card is way better) at each DB, the quality is doubled so 97 is already the double of 96, imagine 105 and way over 124 !!!

Nox55

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

I don't use them as regular headphones. Only on the PC for gaming and music. But if you are okay with wearing bright green headphone to listen to music outside, why not?