Good Device Media or Video File Player for my HDTV?

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I used the ps3 as my video file player and netflix viewer due to the diversity of files it could play plus it plays blu ray discs. My PS3 broke down and could not play popular formats like mkv. Now i am using my android phone and i lov eit i can play almost every file format inclusing MKV rare Avi formats etc etc but i know i have to stop since draining and recharging the telephone's battery so often will mess up my phone.

In short, I am looking for a dedicated (not a pc or laptop) device/player/thing that i can play files from an USB stick (MKV MP4 Avi etc etc) and if it has a netflix and amazon prime client better. also that i can leave on plugged in to the wall and i can connect via hdmi cable to my TV.

Thank guys!

veselin90

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Hello, few months ago i found one operation system for PC called RemixOS. In short - this is modified android with desktop UI and 100% of the android programs works good. The people invented this are selling their Remix-Mini box. I think it will do the job. If you have time you can install the RemixOS on your computer to test it, and get the RemixMini after that.

Here is a link for the OS to download http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc
You can find the Remix Mini in their store

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Seems cool but like i specified i need a dedicated device such as a ps3 or media player device. PC consumes lot of power and i can plug my desktop to my TV that easily is far away. anything like a phone or tablet wont do either.

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I found something perfect for me but it lacks netflix and amazon prime streaming. The Micca G2 i am looking something like that but with netflix compatibility.

Anything on amazon USA would do it. I buy everything from there.