Good gaming mid-range settings laptop.

tomshd_monero

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014
I would like to ask what LAPTOP that would be able play Watch Dogs PC Game at mid range settings with an average fps. Looking for an affordable one.
Please include AMD specs and Intel Specs :bounce:

Solution
Hmm. I'll give you 2 option's.
The first is around 800,- (euro's in my country). MSI Gaming Series GP70 ; this laptop has an i5 with 8gb of ddr3 ram (wich is more then enough for gamers) and a fairly decent GPU. You'll be able to play everything you throw at it, but not on the highest/max settings.

The second option is around 1.400,- (euro's). MSI Gaming Series GT70 ; this laptop is fairly new and with the i7 , 8gb of ddr3 ram and the thing what makes this laptop much better above the GP70, is the gpu. With the gtx 870m you will play all current titles on high/maxed out setting.

Reason why im only suggesting MSI Gaming series laptops, is because i have one myself. I will not say that im very happy with gaming on laptops (they tend to...

VincentiusIV

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Every game has an average fps. I think you mean 'playable fps'.
What is for you affordable? Most gaming laptops that can play watch dogs 'okay' cost around 1000 dollars.
You should also not be looking very 'picky' about the specifications, the wont tell you everything (by far).
It's better to look how they perform and if they fullfill your needs, instead of just looking at the hertz and cores.

tomshd_monero

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014

Can you suggest a good laptop? 1000 dollars is a bit too much i'm still a student and i live @Philippines.
I want to know the specs that can run the game with playable fps.

VincentiusIV

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Hmm. I'll give you 2 option's.
The first is around 800,- (euro's in my country). MSI Gaming Series GP70 ; this laptop has an i5 with 8gb of ddr3 ram (wich is more then enough for gamers) and a fairly decent GPU. You'll be able to play everything you throw at it, but not on the highest/max settings.

The second option is around 1.400,- (euro's). MSI Gaming Series GT70 ; this laptop is fairly new and with the i7 , 8gb of ddr3 ram and the thing what makes this laptop much better above the GP70, is the gpu. With the gtx 870m you will play all current titles on high/maxed out setting.

Reason why im only suggesting MSI Gaming series laptops, is because i have one myself. I will not say that im very happy with gaming on laptops (they tend to get realy hot, wich is a problem with gaming on all laptops. You get all kinds of problems like decreasing lifetime, gpu throttling , etc). For 1000 dollars/euros you can get however a realy good gaming desktop, but thats not an option in your case i assume.

If i were you , you should be researching a little more about gaming laptops. I only have experience with MSI's.

One last thing, i dont care what laptop you finally are going to buy but PLEASE for the love of god buy a laptop cooler. I suggest this one from cooler master: Coolermaster CM Storm SF-17. Its not expensive, around 50 bucks, (especially if you bear in mind that it will expand the lifetime for the laptop), it has a usb hub and a huge 180mm fan (which is silent)

Solution