Good Headphones for Xonar DGX card

tonkaviev

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hi everyone!

I recently bought the Xonar DGX sound card for my PC. So far I really like it!

I also had a Sharkoon X-Tatic SR headset. I wasn't a huge fan of it because the headphone wasn't big enough and it felt uncomfortable after a few minutes of use. Other than that it was good enough.
However, the sound control unit just broke. I searched the web to see if I could find another control unit to replace mine, but it seems they aren't sold seperately.

Now I need a new headset/headphone.

I use it mostly for music, but also for films and gaming.
And I want something that could make full use of my sound card without costing too much!

Any suggestions?

Solution
hey tonkaviev,

earcup size on the x-tatics has been a common complaint with that model, as is build quality. it's too bad they don't sell the parts individually. since you're looking to switch to a new model, you'll probably want to look for ones that have especially good ratings in those categories. plus if you want to get full use of your sound card, I'd recommend saving up for a better quality headest - it'll make a big difference in fidelity and give you less of a headache in the long run, since you wont have to worry about parts breaking etc.

some of the better models with large comfortable earcups + good build quality:

logitech g35
sennheiser hd 555 / pc 360
akg k702 / k551
beyerdynamic mmx 300

some of those are tailored...

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
hey tonkaviev,

earcup size on the x-tatics has been a common complaint with that model, as is build quality. it's too bad they don't sell the parts individually. since you're looking to switch to a new model, you'll probably want to look for ones that have especially good ratings in those categories. plus if you want to get full use of your sound card, I'd recommend saving up for a better quality headest - it'll make a big difference in fidelity and give you less of a headache in the long run, since you wont have to worry about parts breaking etc.

some of the better models with large comfortable earcups + good build quality:

logitech g35
sennheiser hd 555 / pc 360
akg k702 / k551
beyerdynamic mmx 300

some of those are tailored more for gaming, but still perform extremely well in cinema or music. best of luck my friend :)

Solution

tonkaviev

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012

Thank you for the tips!

My sister lent me her Sennheiser HD203 until I can afford a better headphone. It has smaller earcups than my old sharkoons, but the sound quality is really good! Since I liked them so much I'll save to buy the HD555 or PC360 since they appear to be great at a reasonable price! Plus the earcups seem to be a lot larger than most!