Good size for TV?

Lemuel710

Estimable
May 17, 2014
would a 22" tv be good for desk gaming? I'm planning on putting the tv on my desk and have an xbox one right next to it. I will be sitting like 1-2 feet away from it. Btw its 1080p, 60 Hz, and samsung

Solution
those are typical monitor distances so you can use typical monitor logic.

at 1ft away a 22" tv is likely fine.
at 2ft away a 22" tv might be a little on the small side. stepping up to 24 or 26 may be more ideal.

is there a reason why you are buying a tv and not using a monitor? unless you need a tuner a monitor would be the better choice (unless of course if you wanted to match what you already have). tvs tend not to be as crisp for text (but for gaming they are fine).

even at 40" i need to bump up text sizes just one notch on my 1080p television (3.4-4ft away) since its not quite as clear as a monitor would be. just one size though and its not a big deal.
those are typical monitor distances so you can use typical monitor logic.

at 1ft away a 22" tv is likely fine.
at 2ft away a 22" tv might be a little on the small side. stepping up to 24 or 26 may be more ideal.

is there a reason why you are buying a tv and not using a monitor? unless you need a tuner a monitor would be the better choice (unless of course if you wanted to match what you already have). tvs tend not to be as crisp for text (but for gaming they are fine).

even at 40" i need to bump up text sizes just one notch on my 1080p television (3.4-4ft away) since its not quite as clear as a monitor would be. just one size though and its not a big deal.

Solution