Good, Small Speakers for PC?

Jonesie995

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
So I've been wanting to buy good quality, fairly small speakers for my gaming PC. My budget is fairly low, being around $150 AUD (I am able to go over by a bit, would prefer not to though).
My ears aren't 'strict' on sound quality, I just want clear sound.
Also, rather than just answering random speakers you've heard before, just explaining why they're good spec wise would be good, I'm want to expand my knowledge in this area .
Thanks

Solution

I'll third that.

Swan has distributors in Australia, I'd suggest the M10's though they run $159 (hope the $9 doesn't matter too much). I haven't personally heard the M10's yet however Swan makes good speakers in general, those that have heard the M10's like them a lot (at least compared to the money they spent). Maybe you can find a place to listen to them.

Jonesie995

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

They look good, and yes, I have room at my feet for a subwoofer

Hallorann

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
Grab yourself a decent 2.1 system for $20, with a subwoofer. If you really want a good system, try a good headset/headphones for around $90-$110 somewhere along the road.

$20 is good for a system, especially if you have a small room. There's no need to get a crazy surround sound system meant for a home theater room. Also, if it's just gaming and usual PC stuff, 2.1 will cover most of your needs. 5.1 headset/headphones are good for some games, though, if you need to hear spatial awareness around your character, but most audio soundtracks and movies can be heard in regular 2.1

Jonesie995

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Yeah, Ive got Turtle Beach x12's as well, I only use them because I dont have any other sound output haha. But I like your theory, I was mainly wanting 2.1 speakers because sometimes I just want to take off my headset and just listen to everything withouthaving things clamped around my head.

I second that, no way you buy a 2.1 for 20.00 that will be decent, maybe if used at a thrift store.

ien2222

Distinguished

I'll third that.

Swan has distributors in Australia, I'd suggest the M10's though they run $159 (hope the $9 doesn't matter too much). I haven't personally heard the M10's yet however Swan makes good speakers in general, those that have heard the M10's like them a lot (at least compared to the money they spent). Maybe you can find a place to listen to them.

Solution

Jonesie995

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Sorry for the delay, Christmas got hectic here, but the M10's do look very nice, I'm going to try to compare the Logitech Z-10s and the M10s and see which one I like best, but for now, I think I will go for the M10s, thanks again all.