Google Chimes in to EU vs. Microsoft Fight

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]@ T-Bone and nekatrevenyou two are some real jokes. I hope neither of you write any programs cause the first thing I'll do if this crap against MS goes through is develop a crappy alternative to your program and sue your dumb asses in EU court to include my software in yours. I'll reap all the benefits of your many years of hard work and there won't be shit you can do about it. Don't like it, too bad.Do you understand how utterly stupid your argument sounds now?[/citation]
Sandman, I do not think you meant to group me w/that idiot nekatreven. I have only spoken against the eu courts in favor of ms on this matter (and condemned sarcastically Spiralsun1's antisemitic comments.)
BTW, I was going to comment on Nekatreven's comments but they are utter nonsense. He writes responses (that make no sense) to other people's comments (which he completely misunderstood.) His comments are almost a stream of consciousness. If anyone can help clarify wth he's talking about, go ahead.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]None of this BS makes sense. Why would anyone make a better browser after this. Any time you make a strive forward you have to bring your lame duck competition along for the ride.[/citation]

Hey I couldn't agree more. Why would Mozilla, Opera, Apple, Netscape, Google or anyone else try to make a better browser when they know good and well that the lame duck that is Internet Explorer will get far more exposure and market share simply because it comes from the same place as Windows. They could be decades ahead of Internet Explorer and be more advanced in every way but, because they aren't made my Microsoft, IE (based on no merit of its own) will still be the default browser for all Windows based PCs. I mean, damn, talk about along for the ride...

You couldn't have made my point better if you'd tried. If you can't understand that IE and Windows are separate products and that IE gets a free ride on Windows that other browsers don't; then there is no point in arguing with you.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]None of this BS makes sense. Why would anyone make a better browser after this. Any time you make a strive forward you have to bring your lame duck competition along for the ride.[/citation]

IE was the whole time the second better browser and the only reason why IE has "gone forward" is to catch up the leader of the field. Let's face it being the best from a filesystem to a browser and from a mouse to a gaming console isn't easy and of course it is not true. I agree that MS rocks in some fields but it is just like a supermarket you get fair quality of just about everything but when you need to eat quality vegetables you go to a grocery store and if you need a computer you build your own and buy it online.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]Sandman, I do not think you meant to group me w/that idiot nekatreven. I have only spoken against the eu courts in favor of ms on this matter (and condemned sarcastically Spiralsun1's antisemitic comments.)BTW, I was going to comment on Nekatreven's comments but they are utter nonsense. He writes responses (that make no sense) to other people's comments (which he completely misunderstood.) His comments are almost a stream of consciousness. If anyone can help clarify wth he's talking about, go ahead.[/citation]

I may have been a little offensive to a few people but I didn't go and make an entire post to personally attack someone. You've made three posts on this topic for no other purpose than to attack someone and tell them how stupid their ideas are, and yet you haven't made a single on-topic contribution throughout the entire second page of comments. If that's what aggressively debating an opinion that goes against the grain gets me then I apologize and I give up: you're right ...flame away folks.

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/design/browsers_list.php3
28 Different web browsers for Windows...F'N PONDEROUS...I guess ms is REALLY stifling the competition! ie 7 is not that bad it's just a bloated inefficient program & ie 8 looks really good & seems that ms may have streamlined it a bit. I switched to firefox 2 years ago and loved it...then came Chrome and I switched to that and love it. I still use ie some times and check out Firefox every now and then but I still go back to chrome. I also tried safari...wow was that a god awe full experience! Anyways, as far as my "personal attack" posts:

1st Post:
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]Complete & utter bs. How do free products compete w/paid for stuff? I use Chrome, used to use FireFox & ie. Chrome works great, rarely ever crashes, & is quick; ie is slow & bloated. That said, I think that windows should have an uninstall feature for ie & media player...or at least give the illusion that it's uninstalled. This would allow integral things like windows explorer & windows update to continue to work . If you wanted to play a media file but had no player then[/citation]

Is this a personal attack? Nope.

2nd Post:
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]If you wanted to play a media file but had no player then it can prompt you to install or reinstall windows media player AND tell you that there are other options on the internet; if you click on the "internet icon" then it can do the same for ie. It would be silly for ms to bundle competitor software w/windows BUT vendors should be allowed to bundle competitor software w/their windows machines.[/citation]

Is this a personal attack? No, again.

3rd Post:
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]If you wanted to play a media file but had no player then it can prompt you to install or reinstall windows media player AND tell you that there are other options on the internet; if you click on the "internet icon" then it can do the same for ie. It would be silly for ms to bundle competitor software w/windows BUT vendors should be allowed to bundle competitor software w/their windows machines.[/citation]

[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]And what would that script do? Point to a page with all the latest competition for ie or media player? Who maintains that page, ms? For someone who thinks he's so smart, you are such a big idiot![/citation]

Well...maybe I got a little carried away BUT did you read ossie's comments? He sounds like an elitest snob who thinks he knows so much better than everyone else.

4th Post:
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]Oh yeah...I heard it all before...13 jews control the world from a cave in israel. But you need to brush up on your antisemitic rhetoric because if you did you'd find out that Bill Gates is also a jew! The plots & conspiracies thicken! Or maybe you shouldn't be such a racist prick & STFU & stick to what the article's about.[/citation]

So someone makes a complete off topic antisemitic comment about "the jews" controlling the world and I can't repremand him with a personal attack? I thought it was justified (and funny.)

5th Post:
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]Sandman, I do not think you meant to group me w/that idiot nekatreven. I have only spoken against the eu courts in favor of ms on this matter (and condemned sarcastically Spiralsun1's antisemitic comments.)BTW, I was going to comment on Nekatreven's comments but they are utter nonsense. He writes responses (that make no sense) to other people's comments (which he completely misunderstood.) His comments are almost a stream of consciousness. If anyone can help clarify wth he's talking about, go ahead.[/citation]

Hehehe! Maybe a little excessive but somethings were true.

Status
Not open for further replies.