Google chrome closes unexpectedly

MajaTheSkyWitch

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
So my internet has been slower then usual (starting this morning) and just now when i attempted to use google chrome it closes my browser as soon as i try to look up something on chrome, every time i attempt to use google it happens. My laptop which i am currently using to write this is working fine but the internet speed is effecting all my devices. I'm afraid there might be a bot or virus on my computer considering the internet speed has been fluctuating between fast and slow. So yes i googled this problem but i prefer help from someone more educated and hands on with me in the matter.

So what do you guys think? I'm going to download malware bytes onto a usb and then download it to my computer but i don't know if it'll help because maybe it isn't a virus/bot. Possibly it's just a problem with the browser.

Here are my specs

GPU : GeForce GTX 760
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-core processor
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM
Current resolution: 1920 x 1200, 59Hz
Driver version: 364.72
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
HDD: WD Blue 1TB, 7,200 rpm

side note - i'm not sure which thread i should post this in so i tried Antivirus / Security for a start.

Solution
i think it's a virus problem as well
try running malwarebytes and spybot in safe mode and scan your entire pc.
also, try right clicking on the chrome shortcut (that you use to launch the browser) and go to properties.
then, in target, check to see if it ends with chrome.exe"

like this:
28a6qs0.jpg

Thineswar

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
i think it's a virus problem as well
try running malwarebytes and spybot in safe mode and scan your entire pc.
also, try right clicking on the chrome shortcut (that you use to launch the browser) and go to properties.
then, in target, check to see if it ends with chrome.exe"

like this:
28a6qs0.jpg

Solution

MajaTheSkyWitch

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Okay i'll try that right now and update you when i'm done. I find it ironic i'm getting help from someone with an anonymous pic ha (nothing against hackers at all or you no offense meant)

Edit - another thing i find strange it just now when i looked up something on the browser it worked but when i looked up malware bytes google chrome closed hmmmmm. So i'm going to download it via usb on my laptop.

MajaTheSkyWitch

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Should i download malware bytes and spybot in safe mode on my PC or should i download them on my laptop and then to my PC?

Edit- it does say chrome.exe exactly like your example.

MajaTheSkyWitch

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
So i did all you said to do and google is working fine now! thank you very much. The internet seems to be running faster also. I'll update in case anything changes but presently everything appears to be fixed!