Google Chrome Freezing for Twitter and Imgur

Araselo

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I just purchased a new HDD today, fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Starting to redownload and install everything from games, to drivers, to browser, etc. As far as I can tell so far this issue only arises when using Twitter and Imgur. For imgur specifically Google Chrome loads pictures at a choppy rate, a lot slower than usual; same with twitter. It seems that Chrome is freezing for a couple seconds and resuming, like a sort of lag. On twitter I experiences freezes when X'ing out of a tweet or DM window, loading DMs, clicking on pictures, sending DMs and tweets.

Here's a dxdiag for more info on my computer: http://pastebin.com/strVcs6q

Solution
Hello chris_shadez,

Just a small correction, I'm pretty sure the default shortcut to open an incognito window is Ctrl + Shift + N.

And yes, indeed, try disabling all your extensions to see it it's better. Some extensions will filter the web traffic looking for things (text to translate, ads to block, etc)

Good luck! :)

boryahjasper

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
Hello Araselo!

Are you also having Google Chrome slow loading issues when browsing pictures on Facebook using the Facebook photo viewer?

I'm having problems with Facebook's photo viewer, but not with Twitter or Imgur, they work fine for me.

I would check if your Chrome is updated (Click the 3-lines-icon on the top right-hand corner of Chrome, and click "About") and clearing the cache.

I hope this helps a tiny bit!

chris_shadez

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Have you tried Incognito mode? (Shift+N when in a chrome tab)
Maybe there are extensions causing issues, try disabling them all at once, if it helps, then enable sequentially to find the one at fault

boryahjasper

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
Hello chris_shadez,

Just a small correction, I'm pretty sure the default shortcut to open an incognito window is Ctrl + Shift + N.

And yes, indeed, try disabling all your extensions to see it it's better. Some extensions will filter the web traffic looking for things (text to translate, ads to block, etc)

Good luck! :)

Solution