• Google Chrome

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Neither - Other Browser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zombie615

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
I just downloaded Google Chrome after having Internet Explorer 11 since I've gotten the computer. Is there anything better about Chrome or are they both about the same?

i used to be a die-hard user of internet explorer for many years but for the last several years i've been using nothing but chrome.

i find chrome to be much better.

-typing a non-address in the title bar acts like google search. fast and convenient without needing the special search bar you can add to ie.
-chrome seems to be less buggy and results in less page issues with some scripts.
-chrome places tabs in the title bar. this saves on vertical space and also allows a bigger area for tabs.
-chrome doesnt have the file/edit/view/etc.... menus (honestly they arent needed for the web browser in most cases) and combines it all in one menu.
-chrome has a neat little web store for adding scripts and extensions.
-i like chromes app page and also how you can hot swap between different services from google when logged in. multi-account still needs a bit of work but in general its pretty convenient.
-one thing i do like about internet explorer is how delving into the settings is a bit easier. its a bit convoluted in chrome and takes longer to figure out whats what. another thing which bothers me is how i keep having a few settings defaulted every time the browser updates to a new version. i like having the app home menu not a page as my start... and i keep having to re-enable the setting. a minor beef though.
-i like having chrome themes. it makes my browser look really nice when i start it up.
-the bookmarks bar on your new tab page is convenient. better if you have things in folders though.
-chrome seems faster than ie

ultimately its anyones choice as to which layout they prefer and which options they prefer but i can say that chrome works great for my uses.