Google Chrome would NOT open

Desired Toast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Google Chrome refuses to open and just shuts down after I click on it. It just flickers and no browser that comes up as it just sits there dead. I tried running with administrator but that did not work. It only works if I terminate chrome.exe *32 every time I closes it which is very frustrating. :fou::fou::fou: This problem just started today and it has been a bother all day. If someone can please and help me solve this problem that would be great. :)

Solution
I have the same problem since a couple of days. Have run all sorts of disk and registry cleaners, plus malware etc but problem still exists. Also noticed a couple of unwanted bookmarks (big farm & something else) which I have deleted but these don't recur so may be unrelated. This is the first time I have found someone with the same problem so will keep looking for solution.

bloodmagexd

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Judging from your symptoms, chrome is on startup. Because you must go through the work of terminating it ,via powershell or taskmgr, it would recommend disabling it from startup via msconfig. Your problem could also be a wrong path error so be sure to double check that as well.

namenonumber

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I have the same problem since a couple of days. Have run all sorts of disk and registry cleaners, plus malware etc but problem still exists. Also noticed a couple of unwanted bookmarks (big farm & something else) which I have deleted but these don't recur so may be unrelated. This is the first time I have found someone with the same problem so will keep looking for solution.

Solution