Google Launches 'Twitter Killer' for Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Even though google has better infrastructure, twitter is already a social beast, and google cant expect for a gmail exclusive app to kill twitter.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Oh, and I've noticed a certain pattern that google is trying to take over every industry phones, net, books, maps, social networking, etc.. Theyre actually quickly moving into every area and trying to take over. They are getting a little out of hand.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Now is not the time for another social medium. New ones only work if the predominant current ones are fundamentally broken. MySpace ruled the roost until it turned into a flash infested slow site screaming random music at you - i.e. it was broken and so Facebook took it's place. Facebook is far from broken and is actively developed unlike MySpace. The same goes for Twitter. It isn't broken. It already has things like geotagging etc, there's no need for another such service.

amarok

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
just another platform where google can cram their ads down the throats of people.
Google is evil itself - like the clown Pennywise in Stephen King's IT - fun from a distance, but sucks the life out of people at close hand

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I really like Gmail and have used it since the beginning. My address will contest to that, no I won't post it. I have been around for a long time and Gmail has the best spam filter out there. It also has some great options such as mail forwarding and other options.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]I think it's a bit late to try and take on Twitter. Even for Google.[/citation]

Except that with Google, it's about your mail client, so you have nothing to set up. Don't need to add followers, they are already in your mailing list.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I don't like twits!

Hey, as long as google doesn't get into the hardware business like PCs, phones, consoles, they are not evil.... er...

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Google does not try to "beat" Twitter, it simply addresses the millions of people not interested in twitter which also have gmail. I'm sure my dad, for example, will find this service very convenient and intuitive and he won't have to learn lots of new stuff to use it.

gtown

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah I guess its just another feature they can add to their information machine. I'll probably use it now and then, but I'm sure there will be a stack of people who really get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.