Google Launches Voice Phone Calling for Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
In the US here, made a few calls and seems like the call volume is a bit low. One call cut in and out on me where skype is otherwise stable. Also after ending a call the dial pad vanishes and you have to close it and re-open it to call out again. On a side note it would be nice to see this added to the Google Talk client.

I like Google and it's services, but they need to work out the bugs (as usual).

Let's hope it remains free for domestic calls (US and Canada) after 2010.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Let's not forget to mention this is free nationally! Also, Dialpad.com back in 1999-2001 had free voip calling on their website but they eventually started charging.

pcworm

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
guys..please dont thumb down the cloth website propaganda. it is soooo funny, probably a Chinese... but what is for certain is that its not American, despite the us suffix

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
After reading this article, I went and logged into Gmail and was presented with the feature, I installed it and tried it out, pretty darn good. I'm in Canada, so its not only US. And I will enjoy making free calls to Canada and the US, well until the end of this year.

jamjamason

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]I'm just waiting for Google to make "Google Spot". I mean, don't we all want to use GSpot?[/citation]

Even if they made a GSpot, how many of us would be able to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.