Google Offers Chrome With Integrated Dart

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Oh, I thought it came with a dart. I would like to fling a dart on my PC screen :(

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]Oh, I thought it came with a dart. I would like to fling a dart on my PC screen[/citation]

Ughh... Keep your day job. Of course Google wants to promote DART as it will gain more control of the internet and our lives. Regardless, it will be interesting to see where DART and HTML5 will take my browsing experience.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
google wants to control the Internet

it was really clear when google ditched h.264 support in favor of webm which google made

it wants to stop innovation by exclusively supporting it's standards and no other standards

randomizer

Distinguished
JavaScript is so pervasive that replacing it is nearly as big a task as replacing HTML. Anything that Google does now won't matter for years. That said, I welcome a superior replacement for the kludge that is JS, whether it be DART or something else, as long as it works consistently across browsers.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
JavaScript is old and bloated...it should be re-invented or replaced. Jquery is great but, only a temporary work around and is becoming a dependency in the programming world (this should not be as it creates a dependency on this library). Side note though...it's really annoying to see folks talk about the glory of HTML5 (which STILL is very slow in adoption rate) as though HTML5 doesn't depend on JavaScript/CSS. Seriously folks..I know it's a cool buzzword that Steve Jobs coined and folks wants to look like they are cool and "creative" but it's NOT the "holy grail" of web or mobile.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
[citation][nom]john15v16[/nom]JavaScript is old and bloated...it should be re-invented or replaced.[/citation]

Javascript is a little bloated, however that is because they have been adding onto it for years at this point. Re-invented would be a good idea. Get rid of some of the functions that almost no one uses and streamline Javascript.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Javascript is a little bloated, however that is because they have been adding onto it for years at this point. Re-invented would be a good idea. Get rid of some of the functions that almost no one uses and streamline Javascript.

Agreed. However, my main issue is that JavaScript is not a true OOP (class based) language like C#, Java or AS3 (for example). It does support OOP qualities through prototyping, properties and methods but, it is only an object-based language NOT a true OOP language (laymans: you can do stuff with it but, it can be a programmers headache). For that and other reasons I consider it a rudimentary programming language that is in desperate need to be re-invented. But, i'm not holding my breath at this because ECMAScript standards take way too long to come to fruition. (nuff said).

Status
Not open for further replies.