Google Releases Android 4.2.2 for Nexus Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I just got 4.1.2 for my galaxy note ii. I wish Google would take care of all the updates, and just let manufacturers do the drivers, like what we have with Windows..

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Ding ding! My galaxy nexus just updated. Still disgustingly happy with this phone. Only critique I have is the low volume sound drivers otherwise the device is just about perfect.

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Don't you just love the amount of innovation and new features coming out of Google. Thank god I don't own an Aplle product! Oh wait?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
b1tch b1tch b1tch. androids so fragmented... damn you google, etc, etc, etc...

Apple runs both sides of the court, hardware and software, so can control aspects of updates easily. Google controls both also, but only if you buy a NEXUS device (and possibly new Motorola's). If you bought a Samsung/HTC/Sony/etc manufactured or AT&T/Sprint/Verizon/etc branded phone then don't expect updates.

The hardware manufacturers and the cell providers WANT IT THIS WAY. Why should they do work to make your existing stuff better, when so many consumers will happily shell out $600 for essentially the same hardware with a new OS.

From a developer standpoint it sucks, from a customer standpoint its wrong, from an investor standpoint its gold. Guess where these companies priorities are?

There is an easy fix for anyone not on the latest and greatest that doesn't want to buy a new phone. AOSP / Cyanogen

Status
Not open for further replies.