Google Search is Now Drawing Mathematical Graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I guess that could be useful.. Maybe.
I just can't think of anything off the top of my head that it would be useful for.

Accounting maybe? I don't know.. My brain is switched off right now.

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]please divide by zero.dibs on server parts after server crash.[/citation]

It would be very hilarious if the coders at Google can handle massive arrays of information processing, but then a simple DivideByZeroException exception could be thrown causing massive chaos to take place :D

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I guess that could be useful.. Maybe.I just can't think of anything off the top of my head that it would be useful for.Accounting maybe? I don't know.. My brain is switched off right now.[/citation]

Well, for most people I would agree it's not that useful. As an engineer, this is pretty cool that Google can do it now, but it's nothing new. Wolfram Alpha is still the best when it comes to online graphing.

Now if it could solve differential equations that would be awesome...

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I bought my HP 48SX calculator over 2 decades ago with paper route money. I'd consider that affordable. It graphs (including cosine) and did symbolic integration (not just numeric).

For a modern taste of it, download Droid48 for Android or any of several emulators for iPhone.

jonnyhuk2

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
22 years ago I had a "fancy" Casio FX-7000G calculator for my GCSEs and then A-Levels that could draw graphs and be programmed and before that it was my older brother's. It was launched in 1985 so there were things out there 25 years ago that could do graphs.

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Google takes on Wolfram Alpha it seems. Nice tool for secondary school kids, since they still have to draw graphs by hand, but this can allow them to check their work, or cheat. Not much use past 2nd year university I'd imagine though.

dsdsds

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
How does this even come close to what excel does. Engineering, science, & accounting work will continue on PCs (including Mac Personal Computers) for many years to come. I don't see any real work being done on the cloud and never on a tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.