got an idea, help gaming pc

abdi12306

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
So recently i got into the gaming community and came up with an idea that i might pursue, depending on what you guys say.
So i bought a custom built pc of one of my mates for a cheap price whilst it still having very good specs. Then the light bulb went off, and i thought there should be a marketplace in which new gamers like myself or existing gamers could buy and sell their very own custom built PC.
This should inturn be a cheaper option for the person buying, and plus the person selling it can make some money, and they might want to build a new one. The person who is selling it might also do bidding on their custom PC.
Then i had a look at where people currently go to, and the only place i thought about was EBAY. But do you guys think its a good idea to build a site just for the gamers and create a recognised brand that people should know to go to when selling their PC and Buying a custom built PC???
What do you guys think?? shout your ideas
Ive done some prototyping of the site and stuff, but need you guys help, as its crucial whether i should drop it here or finish it up.
Also if anyone wants to jump on board, feel like they can contribute in some way, email me: email address removed
Finally tell me if you guys would sell your PC or Buy a custom built one.

You will have hard time persuading potential buyers that they will buy what they think they are buying. EBay has "Buyer protection" - if the buyer gets a lemon, it has a path for resolution. If you make your own web site, you will face a lot of issues:
- who will handle the payments?
- who will hold the seller responsible for what they claim they are selling, what they ship, when they ship?
- what will be your responsibilities? how you will make money out of that?
- etc etc

Not sure why you think this is a new idea, people have been building gaming PCs for others since games came out on computers. Lots of people advertise on craigslist for this, ebay has some, plenty of gaming PC vendors out there. Any local computer shop will build a custom computer for you.