guys i have JVC victor TH-A9 5.1 home theater system. I need to connect it to my PC which i need to get 5.1 sound via AUX. but

Status
Not open for further replies.

indunil

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
guys i have JVC victor TH-A9 5.1 home theater system. I need to connect it to my PC where i need to get 5.1 sound via AUX. Home theater has only aux input with 2 jacks (red and white) .When i connect the home theater to pc through 3.5mm aux cable and play 5.1 audio i wll get only stereo sound output from home theater but all speakers will work when i turn on pro logic surround but no 5.1 effect. i have other 5.1 audio output in my pc sound card for rear and sub woofer separately but there is no input in home theater to connect these. how to get 5.1 sound output for aux with these 2 cable input? is there any other way to connect pc to home theater? do i need any other converter or equipment? pls help. thanks alot!

Solution
"Home theater has only aux input with 2 jacks (red and white) ."
That's left and right channels for 2.0 stereo sound not surround.

" but all speakers will work when i turn on pro logic surround but no 5.1 effect."
ProLogic is fake/simulated surround... You'll need more than 2 inputs OR you'll need the right type.

" how to get 5.1 sound output for aux with these 2 cable input?"
You can't.

"is there any other way to connect pc to home theater?"
Yes, personally I use a fiber optic connection which delivers 5.1 for any DVD's I watch.
For you though... No. You get stereo due to the lack of connectivity on your JVC.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news...

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
"Home theater has only aux input with 2 jacks (red and white) ."
That's left and right channels for 2.0 stereo sound not surround.

" but all speakers will work when i turn on pro logic surround but no 5.1 effect."
ProLogic is fake/simulated surround... You'll need more than 2 inputs OR you'll need the right type.

" how to get 5.1 sound output for aux with these 2 cable input?"
You can't.

"is there any other way to connect pc to home theater?"
Yes, personally I use a fiber optic connection which delivers 5.1 for any DVD's I watch.
For you though... No. You get stereo due to the lack of connectivity on your JVC.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.