Hacker Holds Health Records Hostage for $10M

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveedy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
What a bad asss, i hope we get so see his face one day, just for curiosity,

I wonder if he will get a way with this... probably.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]naveedy[/nom]What a bad asss, i hope we get so see his face one day, just for curiosity,I wonder if he will get a way with this... probably.[/citation]

don't glorify filth like him. he should rot in prison or given the death penalty for threatening to ruin 8 million lives.

soark

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Ahahahahhahaha
This is what you get when you try to make things cool and trendy (cross reference trough web) without taking the necessary precautions!

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
shit thats not even 1% of 700billion that was ripped from our pockets. Just pay the man, WITH YOUR MONEY, NOT STATE TAX PAYERS, you fucks!

ekidhardt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
pay the fool! In some small way I support him for having gigantic cajones that he is taking on the federal government. Man is his mom going to yell at him if he screws up.

but...seriously, who doesn't have a backup of such records? They have to!

Roffey123

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
Unfortunately, judging by the way this moron has worded his letter, that he'll be put to bed by the end of this week he's imposed on himself. He's challenging people he really shouldn't be challenging. Bad move.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Who thinks it's the Chinese government again? :)

I swear, the things ppl do these days. He/she has a very creative mind at least.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]ekidhardt[/nom]pay the fool! In some small way I support him for having gigantic cajones that he is taking on the federal government. Man is his mom going to yell at him if he screws up.but...seriously, who doesn't have a backup of such records? They have to![/citation]

This isn't the govt he's going to screw over, it's regular people.
And this guy is an idiot. If you look at the note he's obviously not too bright.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
He may have been lucky enough to pull off the hack and get the data but it stops there. They will not pay the $10 mil. Even if they did it would be marked and no matter where it's wired to he would be picked up trying to withdrawal any of it.
I doubt he is streetwise enough to know how to sell this kind of data on the black market without getting caught or killed in the process.
Sadly, it was a cool trick but he will get caught.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]And this guy is an idiot. If you look at the note he's obviously not too bright.[/citation]

Actually, this person is most likely quite the opposite. You can word anything the way you want it to be perceived. It was written in a style that was suppose to make people think it was just some snot-nosed punk that pulled off a lucky hack one night.
The person obviously has sort of intelligence but it was wasted on a failed blackmail attempt that is only going to put them in jail. Only in hollywood are they able to erase or cover their digital tracks. In the real world...the government controls the data and knows exactly where this person is.

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
How is he gonna get the money, obviously they will wait for him at the pickup. If they transfer by internet, they can probably trace him, and eventually see him turn data into currency by camera at an ATM.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
bgiyd-

That's what I mean. The note, his plan, the fact that he just baited the FBI means he is just dumb and has nothing to loose.

And it was a lucky hack because they obviously didn't protect their network properly.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Lmao he hacked it. I have no doubts he's smart enough to sell it. Specially consdering that can be done online, and he obviously knows what he's doing. Not to mention sometimes the smart thing to do is to seem stupid.

Although I'd put money on it that he's just bluffing. He could make more then 10mil just selling the ssn by themselves. Seems to me he's simply trying to screw over the big companies, and is trying to use threat of force.

8,257,378x100=825,737,800 Anybody here honestly think you can't get a $100 for ssn+all other personal info. If I was in it for just the money I would've took the info, and left as little trace as possible, and not make such far out claims specially knowning that their not gonna pay.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
This would have been a much more effective threat had he articulated his letter in a smarter way.

This letter comes off as some stupid stunt someone is pulling to get a high, or a bit of attention.

Had he written the letter intelligently (and politely) it would have been much more intimidating.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
That 'ransom' letter is absolutely pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he was just trying to scam the money. He even stated himself he has no idea of the worth (or lack thereof) of whatever data he may actually have. This guy is a total amateur. A pro wouldn't have bothered with publicity and would have lined up contacts and potentials immediately after the take, if not beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.