Hackers Target Lockheed Martin with 'Significant Attack'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Hmmm, maybe this is related to the news I heard earlier about the Pentagon considering cyber-attacks by foreign entities as an act of war?

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Agreed with you jprahman These two stories almost have the smell of a false flag operation. Maybe this "story" above is nothing more than a LIE enabling our military industrial complex to attack just because of "alleged" cyber attacks from which the source can't be pinpointed.

9/11

Operation Northwoods

USS Liberty attack

Even Eisenhower spoke about it...."Beware the military industrial complex..."

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]Agreed with you jprahman These two stories almost have the smell of a false flag operation. Maybe this "story" above is nothing more than a LIE enabling our military industrial complex to attack just because of "alleged" cyber attacks from which the source can't be pinpointed. 9/11Operation NorthwoodsUSS Liberty attackEven Eisenhower spoke about it...."Beware the military industrial complex..."[/citation]

I think hackers that hack to steal private data, such as your own if its there, should be considered criminals. And especially if they steal military grade secrets. If terrorists got their hands on the technology we have, like the JSAF, they could easily over throw countries and kill thousands of innocent people.

Network security is extremley important in this day and age. People rely on multiple ways to utilize their money and that should never be compromised due to price. Same with the people who work to develop the tools necessary to ensure our freedoms. Imagine if a radical group got the names and addresses for our military people and their families. Imagine if someone in your family was targeted because they serve. If either of my brothers or cousins, who are all serving, got killed due to that I would want vengance.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
@ bilco:
So President Eisenhower WAS a tinfoil hat??? Really?

I wonder who "coined" that stupid phrase you mention that is regurgitated by every sheep in the western world?

Zeldazackman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]I think hackers that hack to steal private data, such as your own if its there, should be considered criminals. And especially if they steal military grade secrets. If terrorists got their hands on the technology we have, like the JSAF, they could easily over throw countries and kill thousands of innocent people.Network security is extremley important in this day and age. People rely on multiple ways to utilize their money and that should never be compromised due to price. Same with the people who work to develop the tools necessary to ensure our freedoms. Imagine if a radical group got the names and addresses for our military people and their families. Imagine if someone in your family was targeted because they serve. If either of my brothers or cousins, who are all serving, got killed due to that I would want vengance.[/citation]
Ever Hear Of Wikileaks?

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Lockheed promptly used their new D-wave quantum computers to explode the hackers computer across the internet, despite the lack of explosives inside a computer.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]Agreed with you jprahman These two stories almost have the smell of a false flag operation. Maybe this "story" above is nothing more than a LIE enabling our military industrial complex to attack just because of "alleged" cyber attacks from which the source can't be pinpointed. 9/11Operation NorthwoodsUSS Liberty attackEven Eisenhower spoke about it...."Beware the military industrial complex..."[/citation]
Crap, hold on... Don't say anymore!!! I forgot my tinfoil hat! ....idiot.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Good job to Lockheed Martin on showing that you can defend against cyber terrorism and theft with a good security policy in place.

I highly doubt this is a fake. These kinds of attacks have been going on for a long time against defense contractors. Its just now they are brought to the forefront due to the Sony debacle.

G

at least they know what they are doing contrary to Sony......

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]c1o5ry1991[/nom]What's with all the random cyber attacks all of a sudden...?[/citation]

Likely most companies have been ashamed to admit they have been hacked or been targeted by attempted to be hacked for two major reasons.

1. Shame if they get hacked - its better to sweep it under the rug and pretend nothing happened.
2. if a hack fail and they boast about it they get targeted by more hackers as they see it as a challenge since another one failed.

So yeah, hacking is more common than most corporations wants to admit - especially thoose who wants you to move all your data into the cloud!

george1976

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I dont know about you guys, but seeing all these atacks lately seems suspicious to me, i wouldn't be surprized that because of this someone receives money for a new cyber threat agency or a law will be voted etc...

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Legacy7955, it's largely illogical to assume that a large company could coherently pretend to have been under such an attack (unless its IT department is very loyal / doesn't actually exist / has been replaced by evil robots / has been replaced by non-evil robots).

You'd be better off suggesting that the pentagon was behind the attacks itself, rather than that the attacks didn't exist. I suppose most of what you said was consistent with that (i.e. the false flag stuff) but it wouldn't make the story a lie.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]I think hackers that hack to steal private data, such as your own if its there, should be considered criminals. And especially if they steal military grade secrets. If terrorists got their hands on the technology we have, like the JSAF, they could easily over throw countries and kill thousands of innocent people.Network security is extremley important in this day and age. People rely on multiple ways to utilize their money and that should never be compromised due to price. Same with the people who work to develop the tools necessary to ensure our freedoms. Imagine if a radical group got the names and addresses for our military people and their families. Imagine if someone in your family was targeted because they serve. If either of my brothers or cousins, who are all serving, got killed due to that I would want vengance.[/citation]
Dude, think for a second; what coould any "terrorist" organization do with that type of info? Build a fighter jet out of sand and rocks? Gimme a break. The most they could do was sell this info to the highest bidder, but that in itself will not cause any major change in it's M.O. they could prolly buy another month worth of ammo.
This incident also proves that there are no hackers involved; having the key to a door is not hacking, merely breaking an entering, and the blame goes entirely to the employee(s) that "lost" (read: sold) the said key.
Using some logic before jumping into catastrophic conclusions would have saved countless lives; too bad that while the population increases, the overall amount of common sense remains the same.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]c1o5ry1991[/nom]What's with all the random cyber attacks all of a sudden...?[/citation]
cyber attaks have been happening all along, they were never made into news untill lately...this is good...i hope they keep it up...we need better network security....these companies have been selling mediocre products and now it's time to put them to the real test.....i aplaud the people responsible for these attacks

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]george1976[/nom]I dont know about you guys, but seeing all these atacks lately seems suspicious to me, i wouldn't be surprized that because of this someone receives money for a new cyber threat agency or a law will be voted etc...[/citation]
it's osama's way of spending more money.....he has established more agencies than any other president....freaking moron

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]cyber attaks have been happening all along, they were never made into news untill lately...this is good...i hope they keep it up...we need better network security....these companies have been selling mediocre products and now it's time to put them to the real test.....i aplaud the people responsible for these attacks[/citation]

So then according to you, its OK for US info to be sold to the highest bidder? Let me correct you, the amount of common sense seems to be dwindling away. The kind of people who would buy this info is not "sand and rocks", I'm thinking some higher powers. (looking at you China o_0 )

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]cyber attaks have been happening all along, they were never made into news untill lately...this is good...i hope they keep it up...we need better network security....these companies have been selling mediocre products and now it's time to put them to the real test.....i aplaud the people responsible for these attacks[/citation]

[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]So then according to you, its OK for US info to be sold to the highest bidder? Let me correct you, the amount of common sense seems to be dwindling away. The kind of people who would buy this info is not "sand and rocks", I'm thinking some higher powers. (looking at you China o_0 )[/citation]

If you watch the issue in a wider angle and see the whole picture he is right, the network security definaty need to improve and without all this recent hacking it would never surfaced as a issue so in the long run the hackers are to thank for the debate that will likely lead into companies that take security issues seriously. I know the cloud corps dont want the issue to surface as it will hurt their bread and butter but the big question, is the security well enough to entrust with vital data (and the next big one for the cloud - is the internet band witdh even enought to support it in larger scale)

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
People, just because it’s not in the news doesn’t mean it does not happen. Google and Microsoft get hundreds of thousands of attacks a min. This happens every day. There are tens of thousands of high level crackers that are always looking for their 15 min of fame, and their lifetime of money.

Just one company got totally screwed over, and didn’t stop/know about it until to late has brought this back into the light. Also this attack on LM was MUCH more sophisticated, and planed. You dont take on a defense contractor of that sort without a lot of research and buyer for your info. This attack is in a whole other league, which is much more sinister with its intent.

(also anyone else have a hard time posting here? It never loads correctly in IE, FF. The only browser I can use is O.)

Status
Not open for further replies.