Hard disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stucknbaffled

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
Hi, I'm looking to get some help with my Acer aspire e15 Touch. I'm trying to clean install windows 10 and am having mupital errors that have to do with the hard drive. I've tried multiple solutions like command prompt, formatting, changing the BIOS, etc nothing seems to work. If I can get some help it will be greatly appreciated and I can explain more. Thanks

Solution
If windows is telling you the drive is bad its because the drives internal diagnostics (its called SMART) is telling windows that. I'd suggest you purchase a new drive.

Also a sata laptop drive can connect to a desktop using the regular sata data & power cords that are used on a 3.5" drive if you wanted to test the drive from there.

Stucknbaffled

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
One of them is windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu.
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install windows to another location.
There is an error code 0x80070057 when I tried to format it.
Also, error code 0x8007045d when I try to delete it. It came with windows 8 factory installed. As far as I know it has been wiped clean from the first attempt.

Stucknbaffled

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
When I try to boot normally from the hard drive it says that the media is missing. Check the cable. I took the laptop apart and it seemed fine. I am going to do it again though.

popatim

Splendid
If windows is telling you the drive is bad its because the drives internal diagnostics (its called SMART) is telling windows that. I'd suggest you purchase a new drive.

Also a sata laptop drive can connect to a desktop using the regular sata data & power cords that are used on a 3.5" drive if you wanted to test the drive from there.

Solution

Stucknbaffled

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015

Thank You! I'm going to try it out in my desktop. I'm pretty sure it needs a new drive but, one more test can't hurt, can it?
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.