Status
Not open for further replies.

Zytech

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
What Should i do!!! Help me Please... </3 :( :??:

http://prnt.sc/f31ll2

My Laptop is S400CA
I used to have another problem about the fan but now i think its much worse... ITS THE HARD DRIVE!!! omg help me pls There should be some way....

Edit: Also Is there a replacement for this laptop or is it really the end of my laptop because i love it so much ive been using this for so long!.

Edit2: What is the cheapest laptop for school.......

Solution
The drive is dying.
Maybe...just maybe...it is not too late to copy some data off it.

Data. Not the OS, not the applications...maybe just some pics or a paper for school.
Maybe.

You can't fix this.
And all the drama in the world won't make it better.

It is dying.

The laptop is maybe kinda sorta OK.
The dive, with your precious data, is on its last legs.

Zytech

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
Help me pls!!! i still need it to live for 10 more years since i need to study for 9 more years

also corroded you aint helping me.. ur just tearing my heart away. I only have like 2 dollars right now and i cant tell my parents since they would make me go to the ARMY!!!

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Drama queening isn't helpful. Yes, the hard drive needs to be replaced (or at least low level formatted which would require your data to be backed up to another drive anyway - but that might not fix it).

If there's nothing that important or you can back it up to DVD or flash drive, you'll need a recovery disk. Replace with a new laptop hard drive and reinstall Windows.

USAFRet

Illustrious
The drive is dying.
Maybe...just maybe...it is not too late to copy some data off it.

Data. Not the OS, not the applications...maybe just some pics or a paper for school.
Maybe.

You can't fix this.
And all the drama in the world won't make it better.

It is dying.

The laptop is maybe kinda sorta OK.
The dive, with your precious data, is on its last legs.

Solution

corroded

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Free version: ToDoBackup Free

Get another HDD and a Flash Drive.

Like USA says, copy off your date... Desktop, documents, pictures, leave the music unless it is your life, same for the Videos, if you have any squirrelly places, get them too.. Now you have "your stuff.

Someone around you will know how to and have the external drive adapter to clone your HDD to another one.

Do you have a Google account or a Microsoft account? They offer around 5GB of FREE "Cloud Storage" as well to keep the "now needed" documents. With Google, you also get their built in Document editor tools to keep moving (my daughter needed to do this in the winter quarter she crushed the screen on her laptop..)

All hope is not lost, if you act

Status
Not open for further replies.