Solved! Hardware needed to conect home speekers

florida45

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
hello,
I have an old Onyko tx 906 surround sound receiver , with a center pre out connection I dont know what to do with it and another that says rear pre out Left and a right, do I need to use these, are they for more speakers, I have 6 speakers hooked up now, to 2 on remote 4 on main there own connection and still have I also have 2 left and right rear connection with nothing attached ,do I need to buy 4 more speakers for a total of 10 speakers The manual is confusing , am I getting the sound I should be , lol lost in surround sound land!

Solution
Your receiver does not have an ampliifer built in for the center channel speaker which goes at your TV and handles dialogue. You would need to add an amplifier as well as a speaker.
The remote speaker connection is for use in another room and plays the same as the front speakers. If you are trying to do surround sound you should have your best speakers as the front, your least good as the rears. Do not use the remote speaker connection in the same room.
The rear preouts are for use if you need more power to play your rear speakers than the receiver has built in. You do not need to use these as they duplicate the rear speaker outs.
The manual shows a picture of how the speakers should be arranged.
Your receiver does not have an ampliifer built in for the center channel speaker which goes at your TV and handles dialogue. You would need to add an amplifier as well as a speaker.
The remote speaker connection is for use in another room and plays the same as the front speakers. If you are trying to do surround sound you should have your best speakers as the front, your least good as the rears. Do not use the remote speaker connection in the same room.
The rear preouts are for use if you need more power to play your rear speakers than the receiver has built in. You do not need to use these as they duplicate the rear speaker outs.
The manual shows a picture of how the speakers should be arranged.

Solution

improviz

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
The Center pre-out was intended to go to your TV's audio-in jack, letting your TV's built-in speakers provide the center-channel, or dialogue speaker, for the surround setup. Recievers with pre-outs let you use external, more powerful (or exotic/expensive) amplifiers, or self-powered (active or amplified) speakers for rear/surround. A lot of people went that route when setting up their surround systems. A pre-out for the surrounds also lets you run that signal to a wireless transmitter, and set up wireless surround speakers. Popular if you have AC outlets near your surrounds but don't fancy a bunch of wires or don't want to be drilling holes in the floor, or installing wiring plates in the walls.

Here's a link to the manual if you don't have it: http://www.retrevo.com/support/Onkyo-TX-906-Receivers-manual/id/365dj186/t/2/

TRENDING THREADS