I did a factory reset on it to wipe out my daughter stuff she gave it to me. Now some apps have stopped and wont let me go pass the setting stop error I hit OK and it comes back there are no apps on tablet did the volume up and power button tried that way to wipe out and still will not proceed still apps are not working newsstand and settings can't go to setting nothing help please
If the "Hard Reset" isn't done correctly, at the correct time and starting with the device completely powered off, then it won't work. Note: I am referring to a "Hard Reset" which totally wipes the device and restarts it back as it was originally, before you ever did anything to it. Not the version that allows for keeping ones files, etc.
Should the reset not work, or not allow you to reset, then I would have to ask if the device was rooted. If so, then no reset would work without unrooting the device first.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.
6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.