have Samsung smart 3 d tv have tried to use a hdmi switcher but it doesnt work but when I tried the switcher on my Sony tv it

just asking 70

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
Have a Samsung Smart 3d TV. Have tried to use a hdmi switcher have turned tv off connected the cable lights come on but when I add the dvd player it comes up with no signal check connection have tried different ports also tried switch on switcher still not working, but when connected to mu sony tv ithe hdmi switcher works with same dvd player

ourgangmn

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
I am having similar problems with my new Samsung tv. Only the devices connected directly to the hdmi inputs are recognized by the tv. Anything connected to the switch fails to connect and the tv sees no hdmi device. This tv replaced an older Samsung tv that worked beautifully with the switch. Too much "smart" and not enough room for common sense in the programming, I'm afraid. The tv can't seem to handle different devices on the same input. It wants the same device every time.

jeffburkhart20

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
I have the same problem with a brand new 4K tv. Independently the 4k Blu-ray play works fine in one HDMI port and the cable box works fine in the other port. The original switch port I had worked fine. But after 2 days it stopped working. So I bought a new one with 4K certified hdmi cables. Bought a new switcher, it works on my 43 in Samsung tv so I'm thinking it's fine. So I try the 4k, Hook my Blu-ray up to it, and I get the LG logo for a second (normal as it goes into the player menu), then I get the "no source " notice on the screen. I tried the cable box, nothing...I try the Xbox one...nothing. I can't figure why only a few seconds it works then nothing.

Apr 7, 2018

Sorry but what is HDCP? And how do you know what your tv and device run at?

johnowen1989

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

It's a copyright protection feature added to any device that has a HDMI port e.g. DVD players, games consoles, Tvs ect.

There are not many ways of knowing what it runs on....You can check the Manuel or check Google for some answers.

My advice is get a new splitter that supports 2.2 (should say on the packaging or the description if buying on Amazon or eBay) because a splitter that runs 2.2 will be backwards compatible and will run HDCP 1.4 and 2.0.

Just to help a bit more....the newer the device the higher the HDCP version.