I connected an Acer laptop with only HDMI connections to Acer projector HDMI connection I have a lovely picture but no sound. I plugged external speakers into laptop but still no sound. Please help this 70 years old silver surfer .
Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by checking if your sound settings are all correct.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices.
- If you see your Acer Projector listed, right click on it and select Set Defaults.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again if it will give you sound.
If that doesn't work do a clean install the graphics card driver.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot make sure to set the Acer Projector as the default Playback Device.
Acer laptop with only HDMI connections to Acer projector HDMI connection I have a lovely picture but no sound .I plugged external speakers into laptop but still no sound please help 70years old silver surfer .
Does the ACER projector have speakers? If not, you need to set the audio playback default to the sound card to either run off the laptop speakers or the external ones.