HDMI Splitter That Retains Audio/Visual Quality

WhiteFlame0

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I own a PS3 (I know, I need to upgrade) and I want to output audio using HDMI to get the best sound quality. The problem is when I run sound though my cheap TV, it mangles the audio coming the the left side speakers for some reason (bad for positional audio in video games). Can anyone recommend an HDMI splitter? Something with 1 HDMI input and 1 HDMI video output + 3.5mm audio output for my headset would probably be best, but I'm open to suggestions. I really want to retain the 7.1 sound quality.

Also, is there any better way to hook up a headset? I'm buying the Audio Technica ATH-AD700Xs.

Thanks for your time!

Solution
well like anything I guess all you can do is read up on review / best of articles and see what they feel is best and then look at any end user reviews like say you see at newegg on it and see how guys that bought and used the item work out for them in real life ??

thing is what may work great for me , him, and the guy down the road may not for you ??

you research it you buy it , you try it , and hope it works as you expected in the end ???

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well like anything I guess all you can do is read up on review / best of articles and see what they feel is best and then look at any end user reviews like say you see at newegg on it and see how guys that bought and used the item work out for them in real life ??

thing is what may work great for me , him, and the guy down the road may not for you ??

you research it you buy it , you try it , and hope it works as you expected in the end ???

Solution

WhiteFlame0

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Thanks, that's probably what I'll do. I'll leave the thread open for now though, maybe if I do buy a splitter I'll post what I chose.