HDMI to USB Adapter to connect 2 laptops together

passienter

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am currently on a laptop that has a VGA out and HDMI out port. Now the thing is that I still have my old laptop laying around I all of a sudden I thought why I wouldn't connect them to have 2 screens. The problem is that it does have VGA out and HDMI out but nothing "in".

By the way if you want to know more about my old pc : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02065898&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

So what I'm asking is : how can I connect my new laptop to my old one to expand my screen? I don't want to use wireless/lan solutions, because of higher latency. I wondered if there was a possibility of using a USB to USB and try to do something or a HDMI to USB adapter (which I didn't find in a quick search).

Maybe it's worth mentionning that there is an expansion port, though I don't know a lot of how to use that.

I would appreciate any help,
Passi

ss202sl

Honorable
May 23, 2012
laptops aren't designed to be used as a monitor. You may be able to get a video signal into the laptop through hardware, but by the time you were done getting the what you needed, you could probably just get a monitor.

passienter

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014

Okay but what do you mean more precisely ?

ss202sl

Honorable
May 23, 2012
laptops aren't designed to be used as a monitor. You may be able to get a video signal into the laptop through hardware, but by the time you were done getting the what you needed, you could probably just get a monitor.

passienter

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014

Okay, thanks anyways. I think I know where I can still (maybe) get a free 4:3 old monitor might be usefull i'll see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chael Orallo Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1