Headphone Troubles Help Needed Fast

Nicholasashton6425

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
My Headphones microphone for some reason records my desktop audio as well. Its low quality low sounding. I turned my headset volume all the way down and my mic still records the desktop can somebody help me???

Solution
If the problem occurs on multiple computers then the headset is likely to be defective.

Key is to troubleshoot as much as you can to prove the issue one way or another.
Right click the small speaker icon most likely located in the lower right screen corner.

First run the troubleshooter.

Second drill down through all of the tabs and properties within "Playback devices" and "Recording devices".

There are many settings available and hopefully you will be able to identify one or another as the reason.

First explore to see what you can find. Then go back and try some change but change only one thing at a time.

Keep notes in case you need to undo some change.

Nicholasashton6425

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

I have tried that it only does it with that headset I can even turn the volume down all they way on the headset controls and it still records the desktop audio

What make and model headset are you using?

What ports and adapters (if any) are being used?

Google "TS TRS and TRRS" (without quotes). Tip Sleeve Ring.

Determine the configuration with respect to the plugs and ports you are using. Could be some mismatch.

Nicholasashton6425

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

I'm using a kotion each 9000 gaming headset and the plugs are in right.

Nicholasashton6425

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

That didn't work
I'm hope it's not a defective headset does anybody think it is