Headphones cable issues

Username235

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
I own a pair of Monster Ntune headphones that work perfectly on smartphones and laptops, but when i plug them into my desktop computer, music is never correct, usually just playing the song, but not the words. I have found out when I switch the plugs (headphone plug into the computer, and computer plug into the headphones) the sound always comes out right on my computer, but a little static in the background. If there is anyway to be able to use my headphones regularly on my computer, please explain.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot your PC once the driver has been uninstalled and it will reinstall itself after the reboot.
- If it doesn't reinstall just download and install the latest driver for your sound card from the manufacturers site.
- Next to try if these steps doesn't work run Windows Update and install all the important updates.
- Also do try other headphone with your PC and see if the same problem will persist or not because it may also be the port where you connect the headphone that has the problem.
- Last resort would be to a complete factory reset.
Hi,

Please do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot your PC once the driver has been uninstalled and it will reinstall itself after the reboot.
- If it doesn't reinstall just download and install the latest driver for your sound card from the manufacturers site.
- Next to try if these steps doesn't work run Windows Update and install all the important updates.
- Also do try other headphone with your PC and see if the same problem will persist or not because it may also be the port where you connect the headphone that has the problem.
- Last resort would be to a complete factory reset.

Solution