Headphones choice (sennheiser vs Mad Catz)

sony400

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I would like to know your opinion between these two Sennheiser HD 451 or Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 4D ?
(Money is something that doesn't concern me right now,i want other differences)

I want to use the headphones for music,gaming (mic is not necessary),with my android devices.
Which one would you suggest between these two?

Solution
Seems like the 451s will be the best choice for you. It seems a lot of people actually aren't that happy with the 419s. And by your music taste these will probably do you very well. So all in all the 451s are probably the way to go. Good luck!

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Does it have to be a closed back headphone? Also what is your budget? I personally would try to stay away from "gaming" headphones since those tend to have inferior sound, and instead you pay for a lot of unnecessary extras.

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

The HD 598 are 3x the price of what he was looking at, and in my opinion is an overpriced set of cans. You can get some great headphones for 50-100 bucks, even if you do have a noisy environment and need closed back headphones.

Misread the price as 499,00 rather than 49,90 ;)

I corrected the post to the HD518s, which are about the same price on sale.

Might as well add ATH-M40x for closed and ATH-AD500X for open, though HD518 will be better for music usually.

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
AKG K240 currently going for under 60 bucks would also be a good choice but it really depends on the listener. I personally prefer my headphones to be as flat as possible, whereas Sennheisers usually tend to have a very specific signature. Guess it's a love it or hate it kind of situation. But at least we can agree there is no point in getting the "gaming" marketed headphones :)

sony400

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
Guys,you are the jackpot i needed :p !.
Between gaming and music,music is the winner of course.So i forget the gaming headphones.I want to use them for music mainly (10% gaming,90% music).
I need a pair really close to 50 bucks (the "Money is something that doesn't concern me right now" was said cause the two headsets have the same price with the mad catz on sale)
Now,what do we have on the tablet.Sennheiser HD 451 because HD 518 have 3x the price of the 451,AKG K240.
Also,i would prefer closed back headphones but in this budget i won't say no to an opened back headphone set which are good (so it is not such a problem)

P.S.I am buying from Greek online shops,the prices of everyheadphone can be found here https://www.skroutz.gr/ for example hd 518 costs 121 euros (133 $)
and the hd 451 costs 47 euros (51 $)

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/423168/Sennheiser-HD-419.html This is a pretty good headphone for your budget. Has some very good reviews on head-fi (ignore some of the first-time reviewers there they tend not to be very proffessional.) http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-419-headphones
But know that all the Sennheiser have what is called the Sennheiser veil. This means that the treble is purposefully underpowered and somewhat recessed to allow for an easier listening experience and less fatigue. A lot of people like Sennheiser's sound signature and end up buying only Sennheiser, then again a lot of people don't.
What kind of music do you like listening to? What are the key features you are looking for in your headphones? What sort of sound?

sony400

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I saw them too,but i have heard the hd 451 were better (and same prize),is that legit? :p
Also,i listen to all kinds of music:Heavy metal,classical,dance,electronic,(some) house,rock etc.

I want them to be as comfortable as possible because i can use them for many hours (3-5 hours),solid (as the price can let them be).

(please explain when you say "what sort of sound" :) )

ShakedG

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Seems like the 451s will be the best choice for you. It seems a lot of people actually aren't that happy with the 419s. And by your music taste these will probably do you very well. So all in all the 451s are probably the way to go. Good luck!

Solution

sony400

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
For the 451s i go then ;) Thank you and basroil (audio technica has some good sets too as you showed me) for your time.You really helped me decide ;) The solution is yours!