Headphones recognized, but no audio and white noise

SaintAndrew921

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
Recently upgraded my PC.

Intel i5 6600, ASRock BM150 Pro4S/D3 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 1400 headphones, Windows 7 professional.

Ok, upgraded about a month ago. Had some problems at the time getting everything to start up after building but got it sorted eventually.

Upon plugging the mentioned headphones (and another pair) to the front and rear outputs, the headphones and mic are recognized, but no sound comes through, although I can hear static white noise that changes with frequency when the PC tries to load anything.

I've tried reinstalling realtek hd audio manager, but the problem persists.

Both headphones work on other devices.

Any help getting things to work would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
The final troubleshooting I could suggest to rule out some wacky software issue altogether is to boot from a Ubuntu live CD. and check the sound in there Otherwise, you can set up an RMA (if possible) or get a sound card (which doesn't have to be a super expensive one to beat the onboard audio)

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
The final troubleshooting I could suggest to rule out some wacky software issue altogether is to boot from a Ubuntu live CD. and check the sound in there Otherwise, you can set up an RMA (if possible) or get a sound card (which doesn't have to be a super expensive one to beat the onboard audio)

Solution